The thing about custom orders is, I can do whatever I want and people get whatever they want. I have an order for an extra large 25″ circumference hat in dark grey with a pom pom on top. Guess what? No problem! The bottom hat I made and then was afraid it would be too small – it could fit me pretty well so I didn’t want to chance it. My head is 22″ in circumference.
I went to Michael’s and bought this Cotton Fair yarn, which is 52% cotton and 48% acrylic. I am done with 100% acrylic yarns. I just want something more, something better. It’s a fine yarn, size 2 (versus a worsted weigh size 4.)
Materials: G hook, Cotton Fair size 2 yarn in Slate Grey, scissors
Notes: Always join with a slip stitch and chain two at the end of each row. Work in same stitch as join.
The Hat Pattern
- Chain 3, double crochet 12 into third chain from hook, join with a slip stitch (12 sts)
- Chain 2, 2 dc in each sts around (increase) (24 sts)
- Chain 2, *dc, inc* around (36 sts)
- Chain 2, *dc 2, inc* around (48 sts)
- Chain 2, *dc 3, inc* around (60 sts)
- Chain 2, *dc 4, inc* around (72 sts)
- Chain 2, *dc 5, inc* around (84 sts)
- Chain 2, *dc 6, inc* around (96 sts)
- Chain 2, *dc 7, inc* around (108 sts)
- to 23. Chain 2, dc around (108 sts)
- Row 24. Chain 1, sc around (108 sts)