N hook/13mm or the largest you have, for the flower
1. Using worsted weight yarn and G hook, chain 3, 12 dc in 1st chain. Join after each row. Ch2 at the beginning of each row. Ch2 does not count as a stitch.
2. ch2, inc 24
3. dc, inc – around. 36
4. dc 2, inc – around. 48
5. dc 3, inc – around. 60
6. dc 4, inc – around. 72
7-15. dc around. 72 Do not FO.
1. Ch 2, dc in the same st as chain, dc 11 more. 12
2. dec, dc to last 2, dec 10
Repeat row 2 until there are 2 sts left. fo.
Skip 19 (for the back of the head.)
Follow instructions for earflap 1 but do NOT fasten off.
Sc around entire hat, with 3 sc in each of the two stitches at the ends of the earflaps.
Cut 36 yarn strings, each 20″ long.
Fold in half and pull the middle through the ends of the earflaps. Braid and fasten at the bottom for each tail.
1. Ch 4 and join to make a circle.
2. ch3, sl st to middle – repeat 5 times more. Total 5 loops.
3. sl st to first loop, *ch 2, 3 dc in same loop, ch 2, sl st in same loop. sl st to next loop,* repeat from * to *.
4. sl st to back of post of row 2. ch 3. repeat 4 times more.
5. ch 3, tr 5 in same loop, ch 3, sl st in same loop. sl st to next loop,* repeat from * to *.
6. sl st to back of post of row 4. ch 4. repeat 4 times more.
7. ch 3, tr 6 in same loop, ch 3, sl st in same loop. sl st to next loop,* repeat from * to *. FO. leave a long tail, sew flower to hat.
Sew button to middle of the flower.