WW yarn (size 4)
Hook size G (4.00mm)
Blunt point large eye needle
*Not a big deal
2 rows X 4 sts = 1″
Ch2 at the beginning of each round does NOT count as a stitch.
1. Ch 8, dc in 3rd ch from hook and to end. Turn. (5)
2. Ch 2, dc in same stitch as just chained and to end. (5)
Repeat row 2 until desired length. 16″ for newborn, 18″ for toddler, 20″ for child/teen, 22″ adult.
(I did 29 dc rows.)
Sc around entire headband, making 3 sc in each corner.
You can either join the two ends by sewing or crocheting together, or sew a button to one end of the headband. Fo.
To join by slip stitch (into back loops of each end of fabric,) fold the headband in half with right sides together. Insert the hook into the front loop (loop closest to you) in the end of headband closest to you, and insert the hook into the back loop of the other end of headband. Yarn over and bring that stitch under both loops on the hook and through the last loop on the hook. That’s one slip stitch.
4. sl st to back of post of row 2. ch 3. repeat 4 times more.
5. ch 3, tr 5 in same loop, ch 3, sl st in same loop. sl st to next loop,* repeat from * to *.
6. sl st to back of post of row 4. ch 4. repeat 4 times more.
7. ch 3, tr 6 in same loop, ch 3, sl st in same loop. sl st to next loop,* repeat from * to *. FO. leave a long tail, sew flower to seam of headband.
Sew button to middle of the flower.